Keeping our children happy and germs free especially around our pets, sometimes becomes a head ace of most parents. This does not have to be the case
We have set out easy guides that you as a proud mom and dad can follow to keep your child save, happy and germ free:
- Explain to the child that your pet plays in dirt and with other animals and eats different things from humans. Because of this your child must wash his/her hands after touching, stroking or playing with your pet. Alot of parents prefer anti-bacterial soaps, but this is up to you
- Make sure that there is a healthy relationship between your child and your pet. If you observe that your child thats fearing your pet, or that your pet sees your child as a threat, be careful. If you do observe that your child fears the pet, try and find out why. If the pet perhaps bit the child it might be that your child was in your pet’s territory, perhaps during feeding time.
- If your child has been bitten by a pet, find make sure to tend to the wound immediately to prevent any infection.
- If you suspect that your pet feels threatened by your child, make sure that you spend enough time with your pet, and your child together. The aim of this so the pet can see that your child is part of your family.
- Make sure you are always in control of the situation and your pet, in a loving and caring, but assertive way. Especially if your child’s safety is at stake.
- Make sure that your child understands that your pet should not be played with during feeding time or when asserting his or her territory.
- Make sure your child does not have any allergies around your pet.
We hope you’ve found this post useful and that these hints inspire you to be more cautious. For Baby Accessories check out the Baby Accessorize website.Related Websites